Christopher Schultz a écrit :

David,

From outside however, we want to force authentification on all the
webapp. So we would like to have a security-constraint on / that
applies *only* when webapp is reached using SSL connector.

You might be able to avoid the entire problem by using a VPN. Is that an
acceptable change in strategy?
Hoooo no :) VPN means installing and maintaing a vpn server + installing vpn on clients at their home. This is a bit annoying when what you want is make available to users general documents they might need when not at office. And i know the answer would be like "No need, there is already the absolutely unfriendly ssh connection + port forwarding + point your browser to 127.0.0.1"
 What about client certificates? I think
you're going to seriously complicate your application to add this
requirement.
Cleint certificates means managing those certificate, that is something to avoid considering its along the lines of "maintaining a set of authentification token seperated from the general authentification database already in use by other non-java applications"

Thanks for suggestions but it's not applicable easily in our environment.