[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
> I think that really depends on the path you use inside
> your httpd.conf. That's the place where you specify
> which workers.properties to use.
>
> Cheers.

Yes, as the others said, Tomcat does not read or use a
workers.properties. It is only used by mod_jk and you can put it
wherever you like, as long as your JkWorkersFile directive contains the
correct path.

Sometimes the confusion comes from the fact, that tomcat can be
configured to *write* a jk config (auto configuration), but this is
partially broken. Also, since mod_jk is not part of the httpd project,
instead part of the Tomcat project, the files get put into
CATALINA_HOME/conf by some distributors.

mod_jk should be fine with prefork MPM (single thread) and with worker
MPM (multi-threaded). Unless you need to go into extreme situations,
modern hardware and OSes can handle quite high load with both of them.

Regards,

Rainer