oh!
Then, let me put my question clear first..

My problem is: I am trying to install java & tomcat on a server (redhat
linux, 64 bit), which runs on shared memory. I need to limit down java start
up memory, by passing arguments like $javac -J -Xmx118m & $java -Xmx118m so
that the virtual machince starts, otherwise it is terminated.

So, I assume (yes, assumption only) I need to pass same arguments to tomcat,
so that it can start without any error (I also assume, tomcat uses javac and
java in an indirect way to compile & run). So, can you tell me a way how i
pass those arguments to tomcat's javac & java?

I am not able to start tomcat. it is throwing any exception/error but,
simply the prompt returns.

--
Manivannan Palanichamy
http://mani.gw.googlepages.com/index.html