I agree with Christopher.

If you feel totally uncomfortable with the idea of compiling yourself: there is a good chance, that the downloadable binary for 2.0.59 will work with your 2.0.52. You need to test and check the error log of apache for log lines indicating process crashes. Those would be a sign, that the binaries are not compatible. Apart from possible crashes (which are obviously very bad), there are no other compatibility risks for 2.0.52.

Regards,

Rainer

Christopher Schultz wrote:

Guy,

Guy Katz wrote:
Hi;
Sorry for the beginner's question but does this means that I need to
compile mod_jk1.2.25 against my apache 2.0.52? Or can I still use the
1.2.25 from the tomcat connector downloads page as a drop-in
replacement.

IMO, you should /always/ compile your own. It's super easy to do, and
you get a binary that is pretty much guaranteed to work properly with
your version.