Christoph Lechner wrote:
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
my guess is that the keystore file doesn't contain your private key,
Hi,

that's right. Actually the file sent to the CA was created using OpenSSL
(as far as I remember). So the keystore isn't the one used to create the
CSR. Among the files I have at the moment, there's a .key file, but how
to import it?
then you have two options
1. The one you mentioned, import the key, I have no idea how, but I'm sure it's doable 2. Use the Tomcat APR connector, this connector uses OpenSSL certificates and keys And the benefit here, is that you get twice as fast SSL to Tomcat, way better than Java SSL

Filip
When I dump the self signed certificate that is known to work, I get:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/tmp$ keytool -list -keystore my.keystore
Enter keystore password:  changeit

Keystore type: jks
Keystore provider: SUN

Your keystore contains 1 entry

tomcat, Jul 19, 2007, keyEntry,
Certificate fingerprint (MD5):
1D:31:E7:09:DF:AC:ED:B2:A7:09:36:06:E9:B6:69:DD

BTW: Looks like it's the same problem like in the thread "Re: Problems
with SSL-enabled Tomcat 5.5"

CU
- C. Lechner