Hi all,

I am having a problem setting up a connection-pool via JNDI on Tomcat 6.0.14
utilizing Oracle 10g. Currently I have a <Resource> for my DataSource
referenced within a <Context> element within the server.xml file. The
classes12.jar file which contains the Oracle Driver, exists within the
$CATLINA-HOME/lib. I am able to successfully access my tables outside of the
connection pool so I know that I am getting to the driver.

Problem: When attempting to connect via the connection pool, I encounter the
following message.

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of
class '' for connect URL 'null'

I have spent the last two days trying to figure this one out, and it has me
stumped. There are plenty of references to this problem on Google, but
nothing yet has led me to a solution. Please note that I am NOT receiving
this error in reference to a "No suitable driver" SQLException.

The following <Resource> element exists within a <Context>.

<Resource name="jdbc/OracleDS" auth="Container"

            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"

            url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxxx.xxxx.com:9999:XXXXXX"

username="user" password="pass" maxActive="20" maxIdle="10"

maxWait="-1"/>

The following exists within my web.xml file located in the WEB-INF folder
within the <Host>'s appBase path.

            <resource-ref>

                    <description>Oracle DataSource</description>

                    <res-ref-name>jdbc/OracleDS</res-ref-name>

                    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>

            </resource-ref>

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,

Mike Cronin

Fax.com

"The New Way To Fax!"

 <http://www.fax.com/> www.fax.com

Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain information
from Fax.com, Inc. which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the
addressee(s) only.  If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you
have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender by
reply e-mail and destroy the original message and all copies. Thank you.