From: David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2007 10:58:19 AM
Subject: Re: Issue with psql driver

Can you post the complete stack trace of your error? That would be extremely helpful in diagnosing the problem.

---David

Chris Baty wrote:

Hi Guys, I'm trying to access psql from Tomcat5. I have the correct driver because my command-lind test program works fine. So I copied the driver into /usr/share/tomcat5/common/lib, like the documentation says. Then I kept getting

Error occurred: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report this exception. I was told I had a security problem so I added a file called chapter1.policy to /etc/policy.d: // These permissions apply to the chapter1 web application grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/chapter1/WEB-INF/ classes/-" { permission java.security.AllPermission; };

grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/chapter1/WEB-INF/ lib/-" { permission java.security.AllPermission; };

// // The permission granted to your JDBC driver grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/common/lib/postgresql- jdbc3-8.1.jar" { permission java.net.SocketPermission "localhost:5432", "connect"; };

I still get the same PSQLException Could anyone send me an example of a security policy that works? I don't understand because 03Catalina.policy contains: // These permissions apply to the servlet API classes // and those that are shared across all class loaders // located in the "common" directory grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/common/-" { permission java.security.AllPermission; };

Thanks.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.