I somehow understand what you are trying to do. I suppose your idea is
to have user get an email with a serial number that allow them direct
access to a secured page. This serial would be associated internally by
your app with that user's credential.

AFAIK, the J2EE specs does not allow 'spontaneous login' from
webapplication and am not sure tomcat give provision for this. You could
probably revamp the SSO valve so that is can inject the basic
authentification header to tomcat.

Another possibility might be the use of
http://securityfilter.sourceforge.net/ which mimic a container security
mecanism (respect of web.xml rules, use of realms) but allows for more
flexibility than pure j2ee specs.

En l'instant précis du 06/09/07 07:31, zhu quanxin s'exprimait en ces
termes:

--
http://www.noooxml.org/