Do as you know and as it is more convenient. I can't start with
<servlet-class> org.quartz.ee.servlet. QuartzInitializerServlet
</servlet-class>
init but when has tried spring - all has worked for 5 minutes. It is very
pleased.
In Quartz forum answer badly, it is lazy.
In spring - it is very good. Support is much better.

This my opinion ...