> From: Joe Lopilato [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: unable to change tomcat 5.5.20 session manager
> to PersistentManager
>
> For instance, if I configure the standard manager through
> context.xml, I again note the configuration (specifically,
> the session timeout) is ignored:
>
>  <Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager"
> maxInactiveInterval="65" />

Based on looking at the Tomcat code, it appears that this particular
Manager attribute has no effect.  The maxInactiveInterval setting is
overridden by the default sessionTimeout value in StandardContext, which
is 30 minutes, and also, if present, by the <session-timeout> value in
either the global or the app-specific web.xml file.  Looks like you have
to change the timeout value in web.xml, not the nested <Manager>
element.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.