Sam-

How is your custom error page being indexed?

M--

To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 3:15 PM
Subject: Generating a 404 response

See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=12338 Posted on behalf of a User

I have a J2EE application residing on Tomcat. The pages are dynamically generated. If a use enters an invalid request I redirect him to a generic error page (which isn't really an error page but just a jsp that display a message and allows a redirect back to the site's main page). I would like to return a status of 404 from this page but because the page gets served properly I am returning a status of 200. The problem with this is that my error page than gets indexed by search engines. Any advise on how to tackle this?

TIA