"Peter Warren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> As far as I under stand I should NOT close the "stream" object as I
>> didn't
>> open it.
>
> That's my understanding too.  When I said I was keeping connections
> open, I meant I was opening connections from the client and not
> closing them.  Since I'm using comet servlets, the server keeps the
> connections open until the client disconnects.  When I open many
> connections, I see classes in my heap similar to those you show.
>
> If you keep a reference to the Request object tucked away somewhere on
> the server inadvertently, the associated buffers won't go away and
> memory will continue to grow.  Is it possible that you're keeping a
> reference to the Request or any of the "streams" somewhere?  Is it
> possible that some of your servlets aren't returning and thus never
> closing their connections?

ACCA is referenced by ACC.
ACCB is referenced by a org.apache.coyote.Response.
ACCC is referenced by a class<>[] which again is referenced by a
org.apache.coyote.Request. That object is referenced by:
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor,
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer
org.apache.coyote.Response
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request
org.apache.catalina.connector.InputBuffer
org.apache.coyote.RequestInfo.

Best regards and thanks for your response,
Morten