From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 10:18 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 4.1 error

Chacko,

Chacko Kuruvilla wrote:

> I am in the process of trying to upgrade from Tomcat 4.0.6 to 4.1.

If you're going to spend time upgrading and testing, why not jump to

Tomcat 5.5 or even 6.0? Tomcat 4 is /super/ old. I recently went from

4.1 to 5.5 and it wasn't bad at all.

> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat

> 4.1\work\Standalone\localhost\_\dchqweb\UserLogin_jsp.java:7: <identifier>

> expected

> import ;

>        ^

> 1 error

You wrote a JSP that the compiler can't compile. The new compiler is

probably more strict than the old one. Check your <@page directive in

UserLogin.jsp... perhaps there are empty lines in your "import" directives?