Hi

I am using Java Web Start with Tomcat 6 and have been banging my head
against a wall all day. I don't think the issue is necessarily a Web Start
issue but rather an issue with jsp and processing of parameters.

I have a WAR, in which are two files of interest.

index.html is my starting point:

run-report.jsp is a JSP page that dynamically creates JNLP as follows:

<%@ page contentType="application/x-java-jnlp-file" %>

<jnlp codebase="http://localhost:8080/armanta-run-report";

                  href="run-report.jsp?arg1=<%=
request.getParameter("arg1")%>">

   <information>

      <title>Armanta Report Runner</title>

      <vendor>Armanta, Inc.</vendor>

      <description>Run a Report</description>

   </information>

   <resources>

      <j2se version="1.4+" />

      <jar href="armanta-war.jar" main="true" />

   </resources>

   <application-desc main-class="com.armanta.comm.LocalSocketWriter">

            <argument><%= request.getParameter("arg1")%></argument>

   </application-desc>

</jnlp>

<% System.out.println("DEBUG:" + request.getParameter("arg1")); %>

Essentially, I need ultimately to call my Java Web Start app with blah,
passed in as arg1 from the original index.html. If it looks a little
squirrelly it's because I have been trying to get this to work properly all
day with no luck. At this point, I feel like I have tried every variation
out there.

I notice that when I click on "Run A Damn Report!" on my web page
index.html, in Tomcat I get the following:

DEBUG:blah

DEBUG:zzz

DEBUG:zzz

DEBUG:zzz

DEBUG:zzz

DEBUG:zzz

DEBUG:zzz

DEBUG:zzz

blah is what I want, passed from index.html. However, zzz is what is
ultimately passed to my Java app! zzz is a parameter I was messing with a
while ago and I'm not sure why it is showing up now as well as why it seems
to be called 7 times!

Can someone please illuminate what my problem might be and suggest a better
approach?

Regards

Eric