Its hard to say servlet threads return to pool, as soon as its done with the
response. many things would go in between, as Caldarale said. u can try with
few threads and really trace whats going with the service method. make sure,
the last line of service method is reached -- at least u can be sure that
the thread is done.

---
Manivannan Palanichamy
http://mani.gw.googlepages.com/index.html