How??  Tomcat doesn't get a cookie from the browser until it set's one.

--David

formpost wrote:
If that is the case, surely the browsers request to the tomcat to server
index.jsp would tell tomcat that cookies are enabled.

David Smith-2 wrote:
In reality it happens anytime it finds the browser doesn't support cookies. On the first request, both show up because tomcat doesn't know if the browser supports cookies. On subsequent requests, it will act accordingly depending on how the session id comes back (cookie or req parameter).

--David

form post wrote:
Question about the url parameter, jsessionid.

As far as I can tell this should only appear if I have cookie disable.

However, I am getting this parameter when cookies are enabled.

I have a pretty simple web app. However, my index.jsp redirects to page that is behind the dispatch controller. eg. index.jsp contains this line. <c:redirect url="welcome.action"/>

This causes my tomcat (version 6) to append the jsessionid to the url as well as adding a cookie.

Why does this happen? And how can I stop the jsessionid appearing on the url.

Thanks