I am trying to set up Tomcat 5.5.23 on a Linux server to use SSL.  The
SSL port (8443) is uncommented in the server.xml.  And, I set up a
certificate.  I tried to navigate to the Tomcat startup page from
another (Windows) machine.  I can get to the HTTP port (8080).  But, I
get a "Server not found or DNS error" when I try to use the secure port
(8443).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Tomcat is running under
its own account on the Linux server, and not as root.

Cliff Bryant

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended
This communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure by
applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient,
be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.  If you believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify Edgewater Technology by telephone at (781) 246-3343 and
delete the communication from all e-mail files.