Sven Braun wrote:
> I have no knowledge of the CMS being used at all, what I know is that it
> runs with tomcat.
>
> So right now I don't know where and how to start off really and what I need
> to work with.
>
> The data or document files/folders should be received or displayed in a
> dynamic way using Java.
>
> So, I'm wondering if I need to create a whole new webdav-servlet or if that
> dynamic way is possible at all?

What do you mean dynamic?

If you already have a CMS running on Tomcat you don't need a webdav
servlet. For clients you have windows explorer etc. I don't understand
what you are trying to achieve.

> Since I cant install any open-source CMS that might support webdav I have no
> real picture of how these work together. Maybe you can recommend some so
> that I can try them at home.

Tomcat + webdav servlet. DAVExplorer for the client.

> Perhaps you can point out a way to help me understand how everything
> interacts because right now I look at webdav like it needs to be enabled
> under Network Ressources and then one uses a Client like WindowsExplorer,
> DAVExplorer or SkunkDav which can't be the way the CMS should work.

The webdav spec would be the place to start.

HTH,

Mark