Jacqueline,
Just to follow your question, Are you asking if it is possible to create a custom Tomcat Realm, where the user/password provided from the java application login page is checked against the windows user authentication system?

Preuss, Jacqueline - ENCOWAY wrote:
Hi all!

We have an application (hosted with Tomcat) which has to "communicate"
with the .NET world, i.e. our web application is integrated in an
Asp.Net application hosted by an IIS. So, to connect both we have an
Asp.Net Connector on the one side and a Java Connector on the other
side. If the user selects something on our application the JavaConnector
is called which creates an URLConnection to a specific Asp.Net site. At
the moment, the URLConnection is established with an empty username and
password because we created a specific IIS user which is always the same
for every request. Now, we want to use the integrated windows
authentication, i.e. we want to know which user is currently asking.
That's why we thought on NTLM authentication or something like that...
But we didn't know how to get the credentials in the Java Connector to
establish the connection with Asp.Net. What can we do? Is it generally
possible to use the integrated windows authentication in Java with IIS
and Tomcat? How? Can you give me some tips?

Regards,

Jacqueline.

--
Regards