Hi Chris,

I have three virtual hosts that I want to have hosting a webapp on the default path. Each host has a few aliases for subdomains etc. So I don't really want to have ROOT.war in CATALINA_HOME/webapps, partly because I want to keep the manager app and partly because I would have a ROOT.war files for each host, so I think you're saying

CATALINA_HOME/webapps
                     /myapp1/ROOT
                     /myapp2/ROOT
                     /myapp3/ROOT

So I would've thought that I'd have the appBase of each host be myappX/ROOT, but what would the corresponding context.xml be? Does it actually work holding this file in /conf, I'm not sure about having this in the webapp, is it standard to have a META-INF/context.xml or is that a Tomcat thing?

Thanks for all the input so far folks