I'm sorry, I must have confused you.  After we dowloaded ojdbc14.jar from
Oracle we just
renamed it to ojdbc.jar.  I believe this is for use with JDK 1.4 and above.
I think the
classes12.jar is for JDK 1.2 and 1.3.  For the record we're using the latest
version of Java 5.

I opened up ojdbc14.jar to verified that oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver was
there.  It was.

I also tried using the latest Oracle JDBC driver, but I got the same error
message.

Augustin