JoAnn,

I'm not sure about the error but have you tried just putting the WAR in
the webapps directory $CATALINA_HOME/webapps?

-----Original Message-----
From: bajistaman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 12:53 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: App reloading classloading issue?

I'm currently deploying applications to Tomcat using a context file
placed
inside $CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/ directory, they have
the
following content:

<Context docBase="/someDir/AppName.war"></Context>

If I update the file AppName.war it is reloaded and the changes are
reflected but it throws an exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: weblogic/rmi/extensions/server/Stub
whenever
it has to access some remote Ejbs in Weblogic so it forces me to restart
the
Tomcat server to make it work. The weblogic client libs are placed in
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib. Any idea why is this happenning? is there a
classloading issue when reloading an app?

Thanks,

Johann