Hi all,

I have two webapps that need to interact with each other. One is a fully
expanded webapp ( app1 ) and the other is expanded from a war file (
app2.war ).

For the application to run correctly, app2 must be deployed and start
before app1. Using tomcat 5 this does not seem to be a problem. When I
start tomcat, app2 is deployed and then app1 starts and is able to
access jars in app2. I am hoping that this start order is not just pure
chance!!

I am now trying to port the application back to tomcat 4. Unfortunately
I am consistently seeing that app1 starts first and then app2 is
deployed from the war. Since app1 depends on app2 this is a major
problem.

Is there any way in tomcat 4 to force the war file to be deployed first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Sean King
Computer Associates