Dear,

thank you David and Christopher for your replies,

the servlet is already packaged,
I put my class in a jar file and put it in
"tomcat_home/webapps/Servlet_HTML/WEB-INF/lib/"and i made the necessary
modification to the web.xml file

    <servlet>
      <servlet-name>BrowseRegions</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>edu.rice.rubis.servlets.BrowseRegions</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>BrowseRegions</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/edu.rice.rubis.servlets.BrowseRegions</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

and when I call the servlet from this address
"http://localhost:8030/Servlet_HTML/edu.rice.rubis.servlets.BrowseRegions";, I
got this error:
type Status report message Servlet BrowseRegions is not available

I know I should not set any CLASSPATH variable, I just did it to test that the
class exists in the jar file

Regards
Omar