On 10/5/07, lukasK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I cannot run tomcat on vista (java1.6), when I start server I get error:
> java.io.IOException: Cannot rename original file...

Tomcat rewrites $CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml, and
I'm pretty sure I've seen that message when inadvertently trying to
run as some-random-user while the installation is owned by root.
That's *nix of course, and I have zero idea of how Vista deals with
file permissions, so -- FWIW!

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]