It's been a while, but last I checked Struts didn't generate it's own threads. I'm guessing by your description that your code is generating threads. In that case, you need to maintain a reference to each thread and end them when the app stops. You can take a look at the various listener classes in the servlet spec to see which works best in dealing with the app stopping.

--David

Cool Coder wrote:
It may not related to tomcat directly but I would appreciate if you can help me
to find the problem with my web app. The web app creates number of threads, and
on each deployement, web app should close threads and create new threads but it
instead of closing/reusing old threads, it creates new threads which makes web
app crashes.

I use struts and in destroy method of RequestProcessor, I have code that
shutdowns the ThreadExecutor, but I am not sure why this is not happening.

Your help would be appreciated.

- BR

____________________________________________________________________________________ Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more. http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC