Because your webapp's context.xml is named www.xml. The path spec in your <Context ...> ... </Context> element is ignored in favor of the name of the xml file. I'd go further in saying you should also change the name of your webapp (C:\webapps\www -> C:\webapps\abc).

--David

Kwok Ng wrote:
Hi folks,

I am trying to deploy webapps with context xml file.  I have a context
xml in the <tomcat>/conf/locahost/www.xml.  The content is:

 <Context path="abc" docBase="C:/webapps/www"/>

When I start the tomcat, I can't access the anything with
http://localhost/abc, but I can access http://localhost/www.  Why?

Thanks!

Billy Ng