Hi,

I'm developing servlet using servlet API 2.3 on Tomact application server,
now my task is to implement path based authentication (pba) with the
following Tomcat configuration:

auth-method= BASIC
Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"

But behavior I need is:
1. If Tomcat gets request with no user information data (username/password)
it should pass it to servlet and  then servlet after handling request's URI
according to pba config file may send SC_UNAUTHORIZED (if it needs
authenticated user) or SC_FORBIDDEN (if any access denied).
2. If Tomcat gets request with username and password it should check them
according to conf/tomcat-users.xml and if user authenticated pass it to
servlet.

After some research I found that there is no way to pass request to servlet
at 1clause using configuration I've pointed. So what should I do to get
behaviour I need.
All thoughts, advice and everything is welcome.

Thanks!
S. Vadishev.