Can anyone tell me if mod_jk does a copy of memory when it moves
tomcat output to apache through mod_jk?  My assumption has been that
the two processes (in linux) communicate by copying data from each
other's memory spaces.

If this is the case... does anyone know if there are plans to use the
new "splice()" method introduced by the new linux kernel to avoid
memory copies?

http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_23#head-00a396149d15f77d386939dc88f5be0f7e5b748a

My apologies for not posting some sort of benchmark or digging deeper
myself into the code/monitoring of mod_jk.  I'm hoping to leverage
someone else's experience here.

Moran Ben-David