From: Filip Hanik - Dev Lists [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:18 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat connections not closing.

Roark, Mike wrote:
> I did try this, but it didn't have an effect.
>
> I did notice that reads would timeout, but not writes.
>
> We were already using the default value of 60000 (60 secs), but our

if you are using defaults, then you are not using the correct settings,
|disableUploadTimeout defaults to "true", not false which is what you
want

> problem is around the 15 minute mark (of writing).

yes, even this should not be the case, since Tomcat will set the default

timeout to 5 minutes.
try to set timeout="60000" as well, this is an undocumented option, but
turns into effect when disableUploadTimeout="false"

you're total settings should be,

disableUploadTimeout="false"
connectionTimeout="60000"
timeout="60000"

the last timeout, should apply to your write timeout.

Filip