Christopher Schultz wrote:
Okay. Using RPM, you ought to be able to figure out version numbers and
stuff, though. I'd bet that mod_jk has its own RPM package, but I
couldn't tell you what it's called. Try listing all packages and search
for "jk" or something. Another thing you can do is find the mod_jk.so
binary and run this on it:

$ strings /path/to/mod_jk.so | grep mod_jk/

OK, couldn't get the info using rpm so with strings I go the following.

mod_jk/1.2.14

I'm not sure what my "shared memory file" is, but I've search through my
 httpd.conf and the only reference to shared memory file is the line.

SSLSessionCache         shmcb:/var/lib/apache2/ssl_scache

Right. That's obviously not the error occurring in mod_jk. Let's keep
looking.

I've checked and this file does NOT exist, should I touch it with the
correct ownership/permissions?

Not yet. Does the directory exist, and just not the file? If so, maybe
you should create the file.

Ok, the directory does exist, but the file doesn't, I'm not using SSL, so I'm guessing that this won't affect it much.

Include /etc/opt/scalix-tomcat/connector/jk/instance-*.conf

Include /etc/opt/scalix-tomcat/connector/jk/app-mail.*.conf
JkWorkerProperty worker.mail.type=ajp13
JkWorkerProperty worker.mail.host=mail.ahost.co.za
JkWorkerProperty worker.mail.port=8009
JkWorkerProperty worker.mail.lbfactor=50
JkWorkerProperty worker.mail.cachesize=10
JkWorkerProperty worker.mail.cache_timeout=600
JkWorkerProperty worker.mail.socket_keepalive=1
JkWorkerProperty worker.mail.recycle_timeout=300

Include /etc/opt/scalix-tomcat/connector/jk/workers.conf

JkWorkerProperty worker.list=mail

Can you tell me if anything interesting lives in either of those two
include files? It's possible the that shared memory configuration is in
there.

I've searched through all the files in that directory and can't find anything relating to shared memory, the only thing that slightly resembles it is "cachesize=10"

Thanks Christopher.

Regards.

Neil

http://www.dcdata.co.za/emaildisclaimer.html