Hello

Windows XP SP2
Java 1.5.0_10
Tomcat 5.5.25

After many years using Tomcat to host various web sites I thought it
was about time I started looking at some of the code. I downloaded the
source for 5.5.25 and thought I'd start at the beginning and figure
out what happens when I start the server from the command line..
After deciphering the batch files (catalina.bat, startup.bat and
setclasspath.bat) I figured out that the class being invoked was
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap with the command line param
start ... Well that's about as far as I get because I just can't
figure out the entry point. I know that an instance of
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina is being instantiated and invoked
eventually but the main method in Bootstrap is apparently only used
for testing.
At least that what he comments state ... but main must be being called
mustn't it ...  If main is not being called in Bootstrap how do things
kick off... I'm a bit distressed that I can't figure this out. I
haven't got around to building the distribution yet.

I've read
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/architecture/startup/serverStartup.txt
but I'm still at a loss, maybe I'm getting too old for all this or
maybe I'm just tired ...

Thanks