The question is:   Do you want

sub.mydomain.com

to be visible to the entire internet, or are you only interested in accessing
that system from your own personal browser. In the latter case, you don't have
to get involved with dealing with godaddy.  As Matt suggested earlier, you
only have to put the line

123.123.123.123  sub.mydomain.com

into the hosts file on the machine running your browser. On *nix systems, this is usually /etc/hosts, and on windows, it is typically

C:\Windows\System32\Dirvers\Etc\Hosts

Cheers,
Ken Bowen

banderson wrote:
Assuming my domain is hosted with godaddy, they should be able to take care
of this?  I'm not familiar with DNS issues, and it would be nice to know
what I'm asking for %-|

Thanks for the response!