> From: Greg Vilardi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> How do I figure out what is in that 440kb per deployment?
> What should I be looking for?

As far as I know, public enemy #1 for eating PermGen space is still developers
using the Singleton pattern in their code and not having listeners to null out
the singleton instance when the webapp is undeployed.  I've no doubt I'll be
yelled at by other list members if Java 6 or Tomcat 6 have dealt with this -
I'm still on 5.5!

A description of the problem (there are plenty of others on the list over the
years, and this may not be the best) can be found at:
http://readlist.com/lists/tomcat.apache.org/users/3/19056.html

You've probably seen the following two general links, but just in case:
http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/memory.html
and from that...
http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/spring/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2669

                - Peter