Now Tomcat is also a cool pojo application server

FootNote

Having a separate TC, (not using the embedded one in NB) is much better.

When you compile and run (just make sure PROPERTIES->RUN) is using the new TC, then your project (even though the files are in your projects) runs in the NEW TC

The log files and conf setting and all that stuff that are now in affect... are the ones in the NEW TC, ie that not hiding in weird places like the embedded TC, ie it is exactly the same as any other TC installation.

Then.... I have other ones that I setup for port 80, and for testing clustering and all that stuff.

So the one in my NB is purely for testing and I can screw around with server.xml etc.... without affecting those the production environment....

ie when it comes time to move to say the port 80 test level, then I literally copy the WAR into those TC's... ie I keep it seperate from the test versions.... the reason for this is that if you mix them its very easy to think a webapp is working.... and whats in fact happening is that its still running the webapp in NB... so then when someone deletes it, or changes it, the production server goes ape.... keep them seperate.

Keep going you almost there... if you get this right, developing with TC like this is magic...