I need to set tomcat to allways send a new copy of the flash file on the
server and not send a cached copy, not have proxy servers cache the file,
etc.

I know that there are client, server and proxy issues but I'm looking to see
what tomcat configuration can do to assit me to have proxy servers and
tomcat not cache the flash files.

With Apache's mod_expire you can set specific file types to not be cached.
This is claimed to be great for proxy servers.

e.g.

ExpiresActive On

ExpiresByType image/gif A2592000

ExpiresByType image/png A2592000

ExpiresByType image/jpg A2592000

ExpiresByType image/jpeg A2592000

ExpiresByType application/x-javascript A2592000

ExpiresByType application/x-Shockwave-Flash A2592000

is there an equivalent method for tomcat?

Thanks in advance
-Steve