Hi,

We are evaluationg  the tomcat webdav servlet for serving up a custom
fileset based on the identity of the user and other search criteria
encoded in the URL.
Is this the place to ask questions about that?

If so:

Is the Tomcat webdav servlet the successor of the abandoned-looking
sourceforge project of the same name?
The code looks similar, except the authentication hooks seem to be
missing from the custom backend interface.

I guess the idea was to rely on container managed authentication.
My problem is that I need to retrieve further authorization details
about the authenticating LDAP object.
How am I to do this? Repeating the LDAP access configuration within
the servlet seems like a terrible source of inconsistencies.
My vague idea is to use a servlet filter to do the authentication,
which could doctor the request URL path or parameters to include the
authorization details.

Does this sound reasonable or am I missing something here?

Thank you for your time and all the great work:

Gabor Szokoli