> From: Andrew R Feller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat DB2 JDBC issue
>
> By blanking out the environment variable for PATH and
> restarting Tomcat, the application, which was being
> initialized successfully, now fails in the same way
> Tomcat was failing originally, so we theorize that
> Tomcat might be having difficulties finding the DB2
> Connect binaries/executables.

Maybe, but the error message is one of those catch-all types used to
cover a variety of problems.

You can check the value of the java.library.path system property in a
running Tomcat with Lambda Probe or JConsole; make sure it includes the
location of the .dll you need.

Is the DB2java.jar in more than one location in the classloader
hierarchy?  (E.g., in both Tomcat's lib directory and the app's
WEB-INF/lib.)

Are there any other exceptions thrown besides the "No suitable driver"
one?  I would have expected a CNFE or something like that as a root
cause.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.