> Unfortunately too many IT teams that I've encountered tend towards the "Ooh,
> shiny new toy!" and "My server's newer than your server" views of the world.

Heh heh, shiny new toy syndrome, where would the  'IT business'  be without it.

comp.lang.java.programmer has some really bilious postings from people
who get REALLY upset if you even mention older releases of Java ...
can't see why really, maybe it's all a conspiracy to keep the
consultants in business.

... now where did I put my Dr Logo manual.