Hi Dustin1) verify your server is operationalgoto mailserver
netstat -a | grep SMTPPort2)Proxy
verify with your netadmin for proxy configurations3)read the docs as earlier
suggested
Martin--______________________________________________Disclaimer and
confidentiality noteEverything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to
the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature
and Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended
recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this
transmission.> Subject: RE: javax/mail/address> Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:30:05
-0500> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: users@tomcat.apache.org> > Thank you for
pointing me to the docs. I've read them and was able to> get rid of the
exceptions in the logs by putting the correct resource> name jndi entries in
the global context.xml config file.> > However, the main issue, where tomcat
stalls during startup with> mail.jar in the $CATALINA_HOME/lib directory is
still happening.> > I've defined a resource name as suggested in the docs below
below in the> global context.xml config file that looks like this:> > <Resource
name="mail/Session" auth="Container"> type="javax.mail.Session">
mail.smtp.host="localhost"/>> > Still with no luck.> > I can get a thread dump
as you suggested earlier in this thread, but I'm> not sure how to interpret
it.> > Any suggestions would be appreciated.> > thanks> -dustin > >
-----Original Message-----> From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL
PROTECTED] > Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:43 PM> To: Tomcat Users List>
Subject: RE: javax/mail/address> > > From: Dustin Fortin [mailto:[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> > Subject: RE: javax/mail/address> > > > Should these database
definitions be defined in the local contexts?> > If you want Tomcat to manage
the database connections, then server.xml> is appropriate.> > > <Resource
name="jdbc/Admin" auth="Container"> > type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>> >
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/Admin">> > There are no <ResourceParams> elements in
Tomcat 6.0.> > > I assumed most of the tomcat 5.0.25 params would be ok to port
over, > > but I claim to be no expert.> > Bad assumption. Read the docs:>
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html>
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.h> tml>
> - Chuck> > > > THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE
PROPRIETARY> MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If
you> received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail>
and its attachments from all computers.> >