Hi Chuck!
That's what I'm doing :

- I had implemented a valve that extends FormAuthenticator to provide 2
authentications methods at the same time : FORM and CLIENT_CERT.

- Until this week everything worked fine : I can authenticate the users with
2 authentications methods, and the session is maintained. Yesterday, when I
try to accede to HttpSession in Servlets, what's happen was: when the user
is authenticated using FORM method, HttpSession isn't null in servlets,
neither internal session(Session) in valve. However, when the user is
authenticated using a CERT, all the sessions are null : HttpSession in
Servlets and Session(Internal Session) in my Valve.

- Well, I thought that the problem was in my valve, so I disable my valve,
and in my web application I configured only one authentication method -
CLIENT_CERT. However, the HttpSession was still null.

- The strange thing is that everything works fine - I can authenticate the
user using CLIENT_CERT method, and retrieve to him the requested URL and I
have access to Principal in the HttpServletRequest object. But, when there
is no session.

- I had checked if the browsers accept cookies too, and it accepts.

Do you have any idea of what's happen?!
Thanks,
Regards from Braga, Portugal
Bárbara Vieira