Hi Martin,

  Thanks for your help.
  I looked at the two links you provided. But I do not understand how they can
solve the problem. I  must be missing something.

  For SSL,  the URL still needs to have session id, for example,

https://www.xyz.com/returnPage.jsp;jsessionid=188727usdfkjaf-92098js8980?name='Foo'

  For session id encription that is one-way encription appending a digest code
to the URL, the URL also needs to have session id so that Tomcat will know the
session id of the requests.

https://www.xyz.com/returnPage.jsp;jsessionid=188727usdfkjaf-92098js8980?name='Foo'&digest='abc123'

  Please give me further help. Thanks,
  Dave

Martin Gainty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi Dave

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1774
suggests either implementing with
SSL connector
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html

-or-
Encrypt each sessionid
If you dont have the former you'll definitely want to implement the latter..
heres an example
http://www.spiration.co.uk/post/1199

Martin--