Hi Hassan and David,

Thanks, for the response. Hassan of course you're right, there are
always some standard for internal paths that have to be adhered to.
However with relative paths coming from editors that edit html their
documents can be seen exactly on the file system as they can be seen
on a web server such as apache or IIS. For other editors that just use
word documents the "Save As" HTML function packages all internal links
relatively so once again the internal links just work when deploying
on standard web-servers. They upload, no work from me ;).. Same goes
with a number of other technologies (InDesign, Framemaker). I think I
have come up with a solution though,, Redeploying my .war file was
overwriting all the files I had under it's webapps/servletname
directory. Seems to me if every time I re-deploy the war and copy the
WEB-INF folder into another folder webapps/mysites all files in
mysites remain intact and the servlet fires when accessing them (using
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>). I haven't tested it thoroughly but it
does seem to be working.

Thanks,

Spencer