Additionally when posting to the struts list, definitely mention what version you are working with. A cursory look at the struts website shows version 1.3.x is significantly different from version 2.0.x.

I will say the class you are trying to extend should probably be ActionForm if using Struts 1.3.x instead of ActionErrors. ActionErrors is really a collection of messages returned from the validate() method of an ActionForm instance. If nothing else, the docs and articles available on the Struts website should help you out a lot.

--David

Pid wrote:

AbelMacAdam wrote:
Hi all,

I just started reading a book about Struts, and are now learning about Error
Handling. To validate the input of the user in the forum, you need to write
your own implementation of org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors. The class
ActionErrors has its own method validate. This method I can change to suite
my wishes. The only problem is, how is this method called. I can not find
any direct call of MyActionErrorsImplementation.validate(myMap, myRequest)
in my code.
Am I correct in assuming validation is done automatically by the application
server? And if so, how? Or am I thinking in the wrong direction? If so, what
do I read?

The Struts mailing list is probably a better place to start.

TIA,
Abel