Natalie Wang wrote:
It does not work either.

Thanks,
Natalie

--- Gabe Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Natalie Wang wrote:
Hi,

We have to retrieve the userid of the remote user
when
the user logs on. But request.getRemoteUser() is
returning null in Tomcat 6. Authentication is done
through LDAP.

It works fine in Tomcat 5 and 4.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Natalie

This me be an issue with the Web Framework your
application might by using.
Try the following code:
            String r = request.getRemoteUser();
            if (r == null)
             {
java.security.Principal pr = request.getUserPrincipal();
                if (pr != null){
                r = pr.getName();
                }
            }

After the user logs in, is the user being redirected to another resource or is the user being forwarded?
Also are you using some Web Framework?

--
Regards

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
Application server installation and configuration AUTOMATION
http://www.ngasi.com