Any one know if there exists a JSP writer engine in the Tomcat API that allows for the generation of HTML pages via JSP code but without having to make server to server HTTP calls?

Right now we basically have a URL dispatcher that when a specific request comes in, we make another request to retrieve the contents of a URI (a JSP page to generate HTML) via a server-to-server HTTP call and then essentially slap that into a MimeBodyPart for sending text/html email messages.

It would be nice (and make for much easier unit testing) if we could do this purely in Java land without having to make a server-to-server HTTP call behind the scenes. Any one know a way or if this functionality even exists?

Thanks,

--adam