> From: Scott McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: jdbc connection pooling
>
> I'm going to try my best to not sound ignorant but can you better
> explain what you mean when you say tomcat "manages" the connections
> compared to if the application (using the same apache commons
> projects) were to manage the connections.

Functionally no significant differences, other than having Tomcat manage
them allows them to be shared across multiple webapps.  Since the
connection pooling logic is already included with Tomcat (and pretty
much every other app server), there's no reason to carry that around in
your webapp.  If you want to have pooled connections private to a
particular webapp, then placing the driver and various commons jars in
WEB-INF/lib would be appropriate.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.