Hello,

I'm running a quite "memory-expansive" algorithm under Tomcat and I then got
the following error message :
> "Exception in thread "Thread-8" java.lang.StackOverflowError"

The expansive algorithm is a recursive one.

What is done is :
    - (1) launch a servlet, retrieves user's parameters for the algorithm
    - (2) launch a thread (my class extends Thread), corresponding to the
launcher of the high-cost algorithm
    - ...

The fact is that when I ran the algorithm on my computer (a mac OS X, 1.25Gb
RAM) with the same test data, I had no problem and had no need to customize
JVM memory options
At this time, the algorithm was not implemented as a thread.

As I'm now deploying this on a server (mac OS X, 4Gb RAM), it has become a
thread launched by a servlet.

I now always have StackOverFlow exceptions.

I have already tried to customize JVM memory options with the following line
in my ".profile" file :
>    export CATALINA_OPTS="-server -showversion -Xmx512m"
But I always have the same error message.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks a lot
Regards

Benoit V.

This email contains confidential and proprietary information some or all of
which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the author
immediately by telephone or by replying to this email. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or
rely on this email.