Delian Krustev wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 20:59:28 +0000 Mark Thomas wrote:
Not right now. Could you provide the full debug stack trace again please.
We should at least see a different problem now the code has been changed.

Here it goes:

I'm stumped. This stack trace indicates an issue with a different constant but it looks to be pretty much the same issue.

Looking at this and the previous stack trace you provided, it seems to boil down to org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader not being able to access org/apache/coyote/http11/Constants or org/apache/coyote

This is just nuts. In every stack trace every class that appears above either java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) or java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) is a Tomcat internal class that is in a jar in ${catalina.home}/lib and the policy file has set
grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/lib/-" {
  permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

I just don't see how we are seeing what we are seeing.

My idea of a timing issue doesn't look right. You original suggestion of a third-party lib monkeying around with the security manager and/or policy looks more plausible.

All I can suggest is start Tomcat with remote debugging enabled and when you see the error, connect, debug you way through a request and see if you can see what the security settings are and try and confirm that they match the policy file.

If anyone else has any ideas, now would be the time to speak up.

Mark