Hello all;

I'm in need of some help in setting up my environment correctly. I have
mysql 5.0, tomcat 6, and am running tomcat through apache2.

I downloaded mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar and put it in

/usr/local/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.14/lib

There is also a copy in ...webapps/examples/WEB-INF/lib/, not sure if thats
correct

I did this also:

export setCLASSPATH=/usr/local/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.14/lib/
mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar:$CLASSPATH

As you can see, I'm pretty clueless as to what to do. I am inexperienced
with configuring tomcat so this seems very complex to me.  Here is the best
info I could find after a few hours of searching the web:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/connector-j-usagenotes-j2ee.html#connector-j-usagenotes-tomcat

This is for tomcat5.5, not tomcat 6.   Not sure whats supposed to in place
of the  (...) after <Context  either.
Would it be safe to follow these directions even though I have tomcat6 ? I'm
starting to realize that
sometimes it's better not to install the latest versions of software, as
there's often less info about them.

I'm not sure if its ok to add Context elements to the main server.xml file
like that in tomcat6.
>From the docs i read at the Apache-Tomcat6 site, it seems to indicate that
it isn't.
Not sure if I need to configure any other .xml files either. I've run across
info that says you need to
add a <resource> element somewhere. Any info would be greatly appreciated,
even if its just pointing
me to some directions for configuring tomcat6 for mysql.

 Thanks in advance.